Monday, August 12, 2013

Rough Week

Last week was rough.

My postpartum check up was last Monday. I didn't even make it out of the waiting room without crying. Sitting there watching all the big, cute pregnant women come in with their healthy pregnancies. All the new moms with their cute newborns getting their postpartum check ups too. And me. Alone.

I cried giving a urine sample (I know - TMI). I cried on the scale - though I would've cried there anyway! My nurse cried. My OBGYN cried.

It was just one more reminder of my empty arms.

To make the week even harder, I had the first stranger ask about Kennedy. Well, he asked when my baby was due (now you know why I would've cried on the scale no matter what). And instead of going imto detail or telling him I didn't have a daughter, I just smiled while I held back my tears to tell him, "Actually, I just gave birth". I told him all about my baby girl. Except that she was gone. It was hard enough to deal with the sting of be so caught of guard.

It's now been 4 weeks and 1 day since I last held Kennedy and it feels like the days since then have past so slowly.

Mommy misses you little angel ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment